Saturday, September 16, 2017

Clothing of Colonial Women

Women and Their Clothing

Every once in a while you come across a vendor that has a story. Clothing might not be the story you would have necessarily been looking for. I’m not sure how many of you stopped by to visit with Jeannette Piecznski at GeneaCreations at the FGS conference. But if you did you would have learned a lot, not only what's in her booth. But the reason behind it, her love and craft for creating pieces of history that tell a story. She is posing in the photograph below standing in the Amber Room at Catherine’s Palace in Pushkin, Russia. 

Catherine's Palace
Jeannette Piecznski

I had the opportunity to meet Jeannette and her mother on the cruise just before we docked. We were discussing the conference and I learned that not only is she a vendor but also a member of APG and fellow researcher.   

Pin Me
Pin Me

When I asked her about her booth I was happy to hear she would be dressing in costume. Remember I made a comparison to a comic con convention in a previous post. She has a great talent for recreating pieces of clothing. Not only does she recreate these pieces by hand but she also educates others on the history of the pieces she makes. For instance, at the conference, she was explaining the clothing of “Colonial Women in the New World”. In the video I posted earlier on my YouTube channel you can hear more from Jeannette. Just in case you missed it please feel free to view the video below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.