Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Love My Kids...


     Kids say the funniest things! It’s so true and most of us know that. Yesterday I ended my blog letting you know that I was going to share something with you about my daughter. Yes she knows that I’m going to blog about her but I’ve promised not to reveal her name, I only have one daughter, hint, hint.

     During my appearance on the FGS Radio yesterday, Randy Whited the host asked me if any of my children showed interest in genealogy. After my family had a chance to listen I was corrected by one of my boys. See I told Randy that all three of my boys could care less, it was like doing homework. I was later told by my oldest that wasn’t true, he likes it especially when he finds out something really interesting. He does show some interest and enjoys looking at some of the old envelopes with stamps along with some “funny” looking photos. As for the other two my original comment still stands, who knows maybe just maybe something will spark their interest.

     Now as for my wonderful “nameless” daughter, her name starts with an “A”. I told Randy that out of all my children she was the only one who seemed to show some real interest. She even attempted to Google her teacher too find out about her ancestors. Don’t worry she didn’t get far and we focused on one of our own ancestors, so no laws were broken. She did surprise me though Wednesday of last week, she was invited to church with one of her friends. When she came home she was carrying in a blue pocket folder and wanted to show me what they talked about while at church.  To my surprise when she opened it all the information inside was about family, genealogy and the importance of it. I guess I should tell you the church she went to was “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”. Many of you already know the importance of genealogy research that all members of this church practice. I guess that’s what makes this so funny. See after they passed the folders out and told the children what they were about to discuss, my sweet daughter proceeded to tell everyone there that her mom knows EVERYTHING about genealogy that’s what she does all day long. I couldn’t help but laugh, I mean let’s face it EVERYTHING, I don’t think so. She did tell me after we finished reading over some of the material that she has decided she would like to do genealogy when she gets older.

4 comments:

  1. I think that is the cutest story. I have brothers that still have no idea what I do. One would tell you I'm a "gynecologist" and he has no idea when I went to med school. He's only 50, so maybe he will figure it out before your daughter goes off to college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats hilarious Kathleen. :) Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am listening to the radio blog show with you now as I read about you on Tom MacEntee's FB page !

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magda I don't know what happened to my reply to you on this, sorry. I'm glad you were listening to me on the radio and so cool that you were reading about me on Tom MacEntee FB page. Thank you for the support that day.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.