Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent Calendar - The Holiday Happenings!


     Before we commence in the traditional gift giving celebration we have a few more champagne bottles to uncork.  Both a birthday and anniversary are celebrated during the month of December around here.

     A very special, smart, caring and wonderful lady celebrates her birthday during the month of December, my mom. No matter how hectic the holiday season may get, we always wish mom a Happy Birthday. Reminding her how much she means to us, not only as a mom but also as a grandmother.  Since we are a military family it’s not always easy to be home for mom’s birthday. We have a birthday tradition that we do here in the Rodesky household for grandma and grandpa. All of the grandkids report to a central location, usually on the stairs and prepare to entertain. No they don’t do a little dance, or pose for a picture, but instead entertain her with a few bars of “Happy Birthday” with a few “cha-cha-chas” added in. One year she spent her birthday helping my husband and me with a very special event, our wedding. Well actually, that birthday she spent with us and the whole wedding party in a Golden Coral. If I’m not mistaking we had them bring out a slice of cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday. So mom, grandma, have the phone close by again, because we will be calling soon to sing another tone.

     My husband, Terry and I were married just two days after that Golden Coral dinner. It was a perfect December afternoon with all of our families and friends around in a beautiful church. That was one of those days in our lives that I will never forget. That was the day that I married my best friend, the man that I love and continue to love. No matter how many miles are between us we are always together in our hearts on this special December day.   It’s one of those days in your life that you will never forget no matter how many wonderful years you have spent with each other, that day will always stick out.  Happy Anniversary Terry!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have lots to celebrate in December! Our so n was born December 23. This year will be his first married Christmas.
    This is my first visit to your blog. I love the name & appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have visited my blog, I have a good time posting on different memories and traditions. I'm sure your son will have a memorable Chirstmas as you will also. Thank you again for visiting my blog and your comments on the name and appearance. Please don't be a stranger and come back anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.