Friday, November 10, 2017

Essie Mae STEWART

Who was Essie Mae Stewart?

Well, now the time has come to introduce you to Essie Mae Stewart, my great-grandmother on my maternal side.  She was born on the 2nd of November in 1880 in Daviess County, Indiana. Her parents, my 2x great grandparents were William Calvin Stewart and Dicey Lavina Bugher who were both from Indiana.  She was one of six children, four of whom are half-siblings.

Essie Mae Stewart
Pin Me

She married Edward Clinton in 1897 in Daviess County, Indiana on the 8th of August. I never had the pleasure of meeting my great-grandmother but I’m thankful for the stories my mom shares. Great-grandma Clinton was a lady and woman all in one, she could be a lady when needed but a woman, you wouldn’t want to cross. She believed in chores and everyone had them including her and her grandchildren.  They lived on a farm in Indiana and raised seven children of their own, three daughters and four sons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.