Thursday, August 17, 2017

Family History Being Ashamed

Because We are Ashamed Should We Deny It

Wouldn’t it be better to acknowledge our ancestors and our history? I’ve learned that acknowledging what we have learned about our ancestors is just that acknowledging. We can be ashamed and not agree with what our ancestors may have done.  But denying it that’s another story. I’m happy to share the following “Throw Back Thursday” blog post. I was taken aback by the comment I had received and didn’t think twice about my responses.

When visiting kids in the classrooms especially American History, World History even current events. You see and hear things that aren’t always pleasant but that is OUR history. That is the way I explained it to my kids and even adults. We learn from our mistakes, our ancestor’s mistakes, the mistakes made in OUR history. We learn from them and try hard not to repeat them.

The linked blog post above is one of my favorite. That might seem strange to some but I was happy to share some of my family histories. If you would like to read more on the follow up you are welcome to visit Descendant Story Continues. We all have a story to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.