Thursday, January 17, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!


I want to thank Jenny Lanctot for this nomination. I've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award! (Liebster means "favorite" or "dearest" in German, apparently) The premise behind this award is that when you are nominated, you are supposed to answer 11 questions about yourself (chosen by the person who nominated you), and then nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 readers and provide 11 questions for them to answer.

I was nominated by a fellow blogger and genealogist Jenny Lanctot, thank you again. Below you will find the 11 questions that she asked, enjoy.  

1. What is your favorite time of day and why? At night after the kids have finished all their homework, after dinner, dishes cleaned and I can relax and read or blog, research or write. I get more ideas later in the day.

2. How and when did you first discover your passion, whatever that passion is? My passion of research and genealogy stared during one of my husband’s deployments about 7 years ago.

3. Hopefully, you’re familiar with The Breakfast Club for this question. When you were in high school, in which social group did you best fit? A basket case athlete with some brainy smarts that never wanted to be a princess, I hate ruffles. I plead the fifth on belonging to a criminal group. LOL

4. Where do you write your posts and why did you choose that place? I have little make shift office space set up, I’ve got everything I need right there. I can even look outside and enjoy watching the kids play.

5. What always makes you laugh and why?  My kids always make me laugh, because they are funny, and always speak their minds.

6. If you could appear on a televised talent show, what would your talent be? Well dancing is a definite no; I’ve always been told not to dance out of my box. Singing, again another no I don’t want to scare anyone unless it’s Halloween. Cooking that’s a talent, right?

7. Which flower reminds you of happiness? Gerber Daisies, because they are so big and colorful.

8. What is your favorite book and why? Dan Browns, Da Vinci Code, it was a puzzle to follow and piece together.

9. It’s important to eat your vegetables, but which vegetable do you always resist/avoid eating? I’m not big on vegetables at all, unless there’s dip or they are fried. I refuse to eat broccoli and brussel sprouts. UGH!

10. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Watch a good movie, read or yes even take a nap.

11. Who is the one celebrity, past or present, you would like to meet — and what would you ask that person? Lucile Ball, she’s one of the funniest ladies and going through life it’s all about taking time along the way to smell the roses and laugh and enjoy. She seemed to have some rough times but always managed to smile and make me laugh.

Now here are the five blogs that I’m nominating along with their 11 questions.


  1. What is your favorite birthday party memory?
  2. What was your first book report about?
  3. What is your favorite family dish?
  4. What do you like to do on a snowy day?
  5. What was the best job you’ve ever had and why?
  6. What is your favorite holiday?
  7. Everyone has a hobby or two, what are your hobbies?
  8. What is your favorite childhood vacation memory?
  9. What is your favorite board game or card game that you like to play?
  10. What is your all-time favorite movie and why?
  11. What is the fondest memory you have of your grandparents?
Thank you again Jenny, and congratulations to all of those nominated. 




2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha... I had to chuckle at some of the answers. Congrats Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ronnie...I can actually hear you chuckle.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.