Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Funny

I’ve had this clipping for some time and thought I would share it today. The last line in this wedding announcements cracks me up and I can’t help but wonder what the couple thought when they say the announcement in their local paper. 




Oakridge Indcator: “George
Smith (Little George) and
Birdie Byrd (nee Penny) were
married this morning in Central
hotel, Jackson, by Fred Weltecke,
Esq. The groom is a substantial
farmer about 60 years of age and
lives at Daisy. The bride is a
daughter of John Penny and is
about thirty years her husband’s
junior. Both are experienced
sailors on the matrimonial sea.”

Clipping from Jackson Herald, Jackson,

MO April 1907

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.