Sunday, April 12, 2020

Polish Research

Your Polish Ancestors

About seven years ago I decided to tackle some Polish research, yeah, it’s a tough one. This was and still proving to be a challenge. There was one book I came across during one of the multiple conferences I’ve attended over the years,  “STO LAT: A Modern Guide to Polish Genealogy” by Cecile Wendt Jensen.

Polish Genealogy
Researching Your Ancestors

For me, someone who had never attempted researching our ancestors in Poland found this to be very useful. The multiple spellings on surnames mixed with given names were difficult. Maybe that’s because I don’t read or speak Polish, by the way, I still don’t. With this book, she helped by sharing some useful techniques with surnames. If you are like me when it comes to researching your Polish ancestors this is a book I would recommend you take a look at. Don’t worry if you are unable to attend a genealogy conference I found it on Amazon, just click this link https://amzn.to/2J72mrp and learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.