Thursday, March 26, 2015

Livescribe meets Evernote

   
     I know last week on Thursday I told you about one of the tools I use but this one is a must. The more I use it the more I fall in love with all that it has to offer. Some of you might already be aware of the Livescribe pen and others might not. For those of you who have never used one or seen it, let me just tell you it is so awesome.
     It’s a digital pen that you use with digital notebooks. Okay that’s the technical description I was told and left me with the deer in the headlights look. Most of us have a smartphone well this pen is just like a smartphone; just think of it as a smart pen with smart paper. Just like your phone the pen has many uses to help in your research and yes even staying “organized.” Oh and a bonus for those of you who use “Evernote” is works with it. I only say that because when I first saw it I had no idea they worked together.
     I have had mine now for a couple of years and was given the opportunity to use one while I was attending an Ancestry.com conference in Missouri. I loved that not only can I take notes with it but it’s a Wi-Fi pen that sends my notes directly to my Evernote account.   Now for those of us who interview our family members or clients we sometimes might miss something said. Another special tool, on this tool is you can record the conversation while you are taking notes and conducting the interview. How cool is that! Just in case you’re wondering yes that conversation along with the note taking is sent to your Evernote account. So when your return to your desk and start your research you can log into your account and not only see your notes but also hear the interview itself.  I have found that the recording is very useful because if I’ve missed an important piece of information I can refer back to the exact time I missed it in my notes.

     There are three types of Livescribe smartpens out there, Echo, Sky and the 3 SmartPen. I have the Sky and chose it because of its Wi-Fi capabilities.   There are so many pluses to having a Livescrbie that I could keep going on and on. If you have one or plan on getting one let me know what you think.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.