Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday Treasures - Martha Colleen Elfrank's Rocker




This rocking chair is one of many special pieces of furniture that I consider to be true family treasures. This chair originally belonged to my maternal grandmother, Martha Colleen Elfrank. When I was asking my mom about the chair she shared special reason behind the purchase with me. See my grandmother purchased this chair so she could rock me whenever I was visiting. The chair looks the same as it did when she got it and won’t change a thing. Now some would say it's an antique, but that would make me an antique, lets not go there. I hope she knows that I loved using it to rock my children and I will make sure that I continue to rock my grandchildren in the same rocker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.