Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tuesday Treasures - 1979 Tole Painting


My maternal grandmother, Martha Colleen Elfrank, took a tole painting class back in 1979. This is one of the pieces she painted, yes its apples. What you don’t know is my grandmother went through this black phase, where she painted almost every piece of furniture in the house black. So I’m guessing it took place in 1979, since that is the date on the bottom of the painting with the edges painted black. Now when I say she painted the furniture black I’m talking chairs, end tables, coffee tables if it could be painted it was. I have this setting up in my office help remind me that no matter what your age is you can always try new things, just like grandma did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.