Wednesday, September 19, 2018

RootsTech 2019

Largest Genealogy Conference

This past year was the first time I attended one of the largest genealogy conferences in the world, RootsTech 2018. While I was very, and I mean very busy working at one of the vendor booths I still had some opportunity to see and hear all the excitement. You can’t help but get that “WOW” feeling in the pit of your stomach as you walk through the front doors of the Salt Palace Convention Center.

RootsTech
Salt Palace Convention Center

Imagine my excitement when I received the notification that I was selected as one of the RootsTech 2019 Ambassadors. What a great opportunity to share with all of you the excitement building up to the event and the event itself. So yes, this will be the first of many blog posts, videos, and more to come.

Today I want to bring you up to date on a few details that I’m sure you don’t want to miss out on. So, let’s start at the beginning with what to say. Salt Lake City RootsTech 2019 will be taking place from February 27th thru the 2nd of March, of course in Salt Lake City, Utah. Don’t worry you haven’t missed registration, it opens on the 20th of September, that’s right TOMORROW. For a limited time, they will have exclusive early bird pricing for your passes so keep your eyes open.

Lodging

So, what’s next you might ask well booking those flights and hotel rooms. No worries I have you covered here in the hotel rooms. Below you will find direct links to some of the surrounding hotels along with their address and phone numbers. I urge you to call and reserve your rooms first because they do go quickly.

Hilton Salt Lake City Center

255 South West Temple Street

1-801-328-2000

Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek

75 S West Temple Street

1-801-531-0800 SOLD OUT

The Salt Lake Plaza Hotel

122 West South Temple Street

1-8000-366-3684

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown

215 West South Temple Street

1-801-531-7500

You can also visit this link directly to the RootsTech webpage to learn more about the hotels and event itself.  

More…

Oh yes, I don’t want to end this post without mentioning the exciting announcement made on the 28th of August by Steve Rockwood, CEO of FamilySearch International, and Jen Allen, director of the RootsTech event.  RootsTech is heading to…wait for it… London in October 2019, please click the link to learn more. Will you be making that trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.