Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday's Treasures - Needlework

My grandmother, Martha Colleen Elfrank, had many ways of expressing her creativity. It wasn't unusual to find her flexing her creativity gene through needlework or painting. I remember my grandparents living in a couple different homes, no they weren't military, and I assume they liked change every so often. With each of these different homes I can remember seeing this particular piece of needlework hanging. On the back grandma signed her name with the year 1973, which I assume was when she finished it. It might sound strange to some but it was comforting to see it. That’s what makes it so special now for me because no matter how many homes we live in it will always have a place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and questions. I will respond as soon as possible.